TECHNET Archives

January 2003

From:
Hinners Hans M Civ WRALC/LUGE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 18:16:46 -0000
Hi Randy & Judy,

Joe & Scott already gave you good advice - looks like you need to dig into
the process and start isolating possible sources (process variations).

I have to agree with Joe some of the circular ones seem to match the glass
fiber diameters.  Inadequate cleaning or Bath contamination and depositing
debris during plating?

Are the spots a combination of voids and debris?

Don't forget to checkout the sample prep process - we started failing solder
float because a new lab tech was submerging the coupons instead of floating
them.  Talk about panic.

And the hole walls look pretty torn up but I have seen worse.

Happy New Year Everybody!

Hans

You can run . . .  but you'll only die tired.
Hans M. Hinners
Warner Robins Air Logistics Center (WR-ALC)
Robins AFB, GA 31098-1622
Tele: (478) 926 - 5847 [DSN Prefix: 468]
Fax: (478) 926 - 4911