TECHNET Archives

January 2003

From:
Steve MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:56:33 -0500
Greetings.

(Cross section is a must--but witout that...)

Customer requirements that exceed IPC are always of a higher order, but only
if they are documented (on the print, in the quote, etc) and agreed to prior
to the fab house accepting the terms of the purchasing agreement.  Pink ring
is a process indicator and not rejectable, and you can certainly express
your concerns and wishes for a better finished product, but if you say "No
pink ring" they may say, "More money!!" and you would still be stuck with
these boards.

So you really need to approach this from a "Hey we're a team here, lets make
this go away."

Get that section, and share the results with them.  I'm sure they want your
business, and will try to fix anything that you find objectionable for
future builds.

Steve MacDonald