TECHNET Archives

January 2003

Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:07:20 +0800
Hi, Steve,

What were the boards like prior to soldering - OK, I gues or you wouldn't
have processed them. I had a little problem with mask just over  a year ago
with ENIG boards that had Elecktra Carapace LPI mask applied to them.
Post-soldering the mask had pretty-much disappeared from the copper, adn on
quizzing the fab house, they admitted that they'd used the wrong hardener
by mistake. One hardener is used for HASL boards, another for ENIG to
withstand the aggressive plating chemicals.

Our boards looked fine before soldering. Could you have a
conceptually-similar situation with the dry film? We used some touch-up
mask to repair the damage to our boards (fortunately only 6 prototype
units, but still V expensive).

All the best

Peter

Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>   29/01/2003 03:02 AM
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum."; Please respond to SteveZeva