TECHNET Archives

January 2003

From:
"Macko, Joe @ IEC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 08:09:49 -0800
Dwight,

Great feedback.  Many of our new designs are locating vias in the solder
pads due to space limitations which are causing solder problems as you would
expect.

I read the PETERS tech data sheet for PP 2795-SD plugging paste.  Sounds
like it is formulated for plugging buried vias and does not address blind or
through vias.  What has been your experience plugging blind vias in solder
pads?

joe