TECHNET Archives

January 2003

Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:20:59 -0600
Glenn,
The 2.3.28 method is the only IC method in the IPC.  Are you doing tests
for these anions and cations on printed wiring assembly extracts?  Dionex
has a few test methods that are used on components in the hard disk
industry that might work as well.

To run the IC, you will need to have standards for each of the ions listed
below.  I would recommend Alltech.  They have a wide range of ion standards
and sell common mixtures of what you list for some economical prices.  Here
is a link for you.  I have used them in the past with good success.

http://www.alltechweb.com/literature/catalog500/sections/standards.pdf

Doug Pauls
Advanced Operations Engineering
Rockwell Collins

                      Glenn Pelkey
                      <glenn.r.pelkey@M        To:       [log in to unmask]
                      AXTEK.COM>               cc:
                      Sent by: TechNet         Subject:  [TN] Ion Chromatography Test Method

                      01/22/03 10:08 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "TechNet E-Mail
                      Forum."; Please
                      respond to
                      glenn.r.pelkey

Technetters,

        I need your help identifying the correct test method for Ion
Chromatography.  The customer gave us a list for detection, but no test
method.  This is quite a list:  Chlorine, Bromine, Flourine, Nitrate,
Nitrite, Sulfate, Phosphate, Acetate, Formate, MSA, Adipic, Succine,
Potassium, Ammonium, Calcium, Lithium, Magnesium, and Sodium.

        So, not being too familiar with the test, I referenced IPC-TM-650,
Method 2.3.28.  Did I reference the correct test method, or is there
something better?

Thanks everyone!

Glenn