TECHNET Archives

January 2003

Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 07:50:22 +0800
The danger with "thin"gold is that it may be porous and if it is,  the
Nickel underneath will oxidise and give rise to solderability issues. The
flash gold process, though, is self-limiting in the thickness it achieves,
so you may be OK. Just in case, don't store the boards too long before
using them. I usually specify 4-5 microinches gold on my boards.

Peter

Dave Chapman <[log in to unmask]>  04/01/2003 01:51 AM
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum."; Please respond to Dave Chapman