TECHNET Archives

January 2003

Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:45:58 -0500
Siggi,
It is here now!  You can get nanocrystal material for thermal interface
material >20 W thermal conductivity (uni-directional only).  I was told
it is stable within the std assembly temp range.  The nano-crystal field
started in 80s (it was not called nano-crystal earlier, it was called
micro-crystal = very small crystal, until some confusion took place at a
conference that some of the researchers thought it was "micronmeter size
crystal" in late 80s = I think it was 87/88.  It was officially changed
to nano-crystal to eliminate any confusion).  Keep you eyes and mind
open for many new development within next few years.  Warning, the stuff
is usually very fussy = aren't all the beautiful "things" made this
way?...(don't ask me what is that mean).
                                                                 Jk
Jason, no commission for the free ads...I am out of this field long time
ago...hard to keep update with all the young kids nowadays (almost
everyday you got a PhD thesis some where in the world about nano-crystal
now...).

articleid=CA2
67248&pubdate=1%2F1%2F2003

        Jason Gregory
        SMT Production Supervisor
        LaBarge Inc.
        (918)459-2367

following text in
        To temporarily halt or (re-start) delivery of Technet send
e-mail to
http://listserv.ipc.org/archives
        Please visit IPC web site http://www.ipc.org/html/forum.htm for
additional
        information, or contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or
in the BODY (NOT the subject field): SIGNOFF Technet To temporarily halt
or (re-start) delivery of Technet send e-mail to [log in to unmask]: SET
visit IPC web site http://www.ipc.org/html/forum.htm for additional