TECHNET Archives

January 2003

Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 08:03:45 +0800
Joe,

I don't know of any IPC specs for baking out boards. All boards differ from
one another in terms of size, thickness and composition, so it's difficult
to specify in general terms. I have always used 1 hour at 90 degrees C for
FR4 boards that are about 10 or 12 layers - up to 2 hours for thicker
boards with more layers and as short as 1/2 an hour for thin boards.

You maybe need to do a little testing on times and temps versus weight loss
if you want to be precise for your own boards, but our standard bake-out
times have worked for us.

Peter

"Macko, Joe @ IEC" <Joe.Macko 11/01/2003 03:19 AM
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>