TECHNET Archives

January 2003

From:
Graham Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:20:16 -0500
Hi Daan!
We just bought a new 9700 from Austin American, we already had a ECD 9700 (the closed loop machine).  We haven't fired up the new one yet (still plumbing it in) but I can advise that it is pretty much identical to the old machine.  The only difference I can find is the door, cosmetically it's a different door, slightly different latch.  Pumps, filters, etc. are the same.   In fact, the front panels are identical and have the ECD logo on them.  Our ECD controller had died already so ours has a new controller in it - so they match.

We used the same logic you did, if we buy another identical machine we can share spare parts, no process requalification, etc.  Plug and play.

If you want direct confirmation, my contact is Jon Phelps, [log in to unmask] - he should be able to get you confirmation.

regards,

Graham Collins
Process Engineer,
Northrop Grumman Canada Corporation
Halifax
(902) 873-2000 ext 6215

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/10/03 10:58AM >>>
Hi Technet,

We're planning to replace our old ECD semi-aqueous batchcleaning
machines (cleaner 6307 + rinser 9600) by machines of Austin American
Technology Corporation with the same typenumbers. Our vendor tells us
that the AAT machines are 100% identical to the ECD's, except for the
controller-units. Therefore it shouldn't be necessary to do an extensive
process qualification, which is the main reason for selecting this
machine.
My worry is that after buying the machine we find out that there are
some significant differences after all, and that we still need to spend
time and money on a process qualification. There are no machines
available here in the Netherlands to evaluate this before we buy.

Perhaps someone else has experience with both the ECD and AAT machines,
and is willing to comment on this ?

Daan Terstegge
Thales Communications
Unclassified mail