TECHNET Archives

January 2003

From:
Dave Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 07:51:43 -0600
Hi Sherif! As Mike F. mentioned, silver oxide is as nearly as conductive as
metallic silver. However. silver finishes will for silver sulfide films
when exposed to sulfur sources which significantly increases their contact
resistance. You may be able to penetrate the sulfide film with increased
pressures or different probe tip geometries. I would recommend you also
investigate what potential sulfur sources the pwas were exposed too - I
have documented the formation of silver sulfide films on immersion silver
pwbs in our manufacturing operations (using SERA testing) but not within a
two week timeframe. Good Luck.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins

Sherif Refaat <[log in to unmask]>@ipc.org> on 01/08/2003 09:35:21 AM

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond
       to Sherif Refaat <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:    TechNet <[log in to unmask]>