TECHNET Archives

December 2002

From:
Kathy Kuhlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:11:56 -0600
High pressure water jets are the coolest thing to watch.  Definitely something that electronics could use in many applications.   Here's another source for water cutting technology: www.jetedge.com

Kathy

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/19/02 03:56PM >>>

Hi John,

There is a process that can do a beautiful job but it is not well known in the PCBs and electronics industries. The process is "Cutting with high pressure water jet". The problem is that the equipment is expensive. I am sure you can subcontract this process. There is a PCBs shop in Illinois that has this machine, I do not know if they accept subcontracting. There is also a manufacturer of this equipment in Seattle, not far from you, that either can subcontract the work for you or refer you to some one who can.

You can contact me off line and I will give you the info for these companies.

Merry Christmas and happy Holidays to all.

Sherif Refaat
Sherif Refaat, Eng.
Technology Roadmap Consultants Inc.
Montreal- Canada