TECHNET Archives

December 2002

From:
Dave Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:41:59 -0600
Hi Joe! Sorry to put ya on the hot seat but your comment "are numerous
exemptions to lead-free and military electronics are among them" is base on
what source of information? I have valiantly looked through the WEEE/RoHs
documentation and I can't find either an exemption nor an inclusion for
avionics/military electronics. There is a large camp of folks who believe
these segments of the electronics industry will be exempt but I haven't
seen anything in print yet. Collins is actively conducting PbFree
investigations to understand the characteristics  PbFree component finishes
and the potential implications of PbFree solder processing but as a
knowledge based activity and not in response to a "requirement". And just
for the record, I am not in favor of implementing PbFree solder processes
without science based rationale.  Looking for help - is the exemption in
print somewhere?

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins

Joe Fjelstad <[log in to unmask]>@ipc.org> on 12/11/2002 08:20:24 PM

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond
       to [log in to unmask]

Sent by:    TechNet <[log in to unmask]>