TECHNET Archives

December 2002

From:
John Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:43:30 -0800
Dale,
I have seen metal embedded in solder mask and on facility tour we found a
copper scrubbing process was the source and upon investigation there were
many cases where copper reduced spacing below minimums. I mounted samples
flat, potted and sectioned from the bottom up parallel to the board
surface. The result was very clear and no questions were raised by the
vendor. Boards were quickly replaced without question after the process was
changed to eliminate copper shavings embedded in the mask.

John