TECHNET Archives

November 2002

From:
"Morse, Carrie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 18:53:15 -0500
Howard,
now that I'm reading Jorge's response, I did forget to tell you that we run a very high mix, low volume shop and we do not batch build -- we build JIT with much of our product lot sizes based on pre-determined Kanbans, so, we have lots of change overs!

Also, what is the goal of decreasing set-up?  Is it to decrease throughput time or is it to increase overall machine capacity?

-Carrie