TECHNET Archives

November 2002

From:
"Randy Bock Sr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 10:22:20 -0500
Several weeks ago there was A LOT of discussion on this very topic.  The
general consensus of opinion is NO you do not what to rely on 100% Operator
Insp.
You need that second set of eyes.  Where I work we use Operator insp but
also have MIP's (Mandatory Insp Points ) along the build cycle.  Quality
does the final buyoff
not the operator.   We have at least one of our suppliers that uses 1200%
Operator insp.  Their process is when a part is moved to the next operation
that operator does the insp not the person who did the work.  This is
something you may want to consider if your bottom line comes out 100%
Operator Insp.    Someone has to be held accountable for defective product
going out the door and that generally falls to the Quality Dept.

Keep in touch.

Regards,

Randy Bock Sr.