TECHNET Archives

November 2002

From:
"Jason W. Gregory" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:59:14 -0600
Ron,

I have done this before, regarding the hot air reflow method. I will not
lie...it's difficult and requires very strict concentration. I would lay a small
bead of paste out of a dispenser along the lead array on all sides and carefully
lay the part on pads, sometimes tacking one lead on each corner with
conventional iron and then using the hot air to flow the rest of the leads. This
will cause bridging, but that can taken care of after the fact. The most
critical part of this was to use very fluid movements and reflow all of the
leads at the same time and evenly, going around all of the leads in a circular
motion. If this is not done right, pads can be damaged easily. Try a scrap board
and dummy part first, if possible.

Jason Gregory
Production Supervisor
LaBarge Inc.
(918)459-2367

Ron Olinyk <[log in to unmask]> on 11/27/2002 03:48:30 PM

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to
      Ron Olinyk <[log in to unmask]>