TECHNET Archives

November 2002

From:
"Morse, Carrie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:43:58 -0500
Well,
Since you bring up the ammo subject....
Eliminating Lead from Electronics is like Banning the Sale and Use of Firearms (one of our ever so treasured rights).  Now, I'm not saying I'm an advocate of selling guns to those who wish to use them improperly, but,

Similarly, I am also not an advocate of dumping when we can recycle. Why Bad Lead?  Lead, like ammo, can be useful if used and stored properly.

Out of curiosity, Anyone of you out on the TechNet changed over to Lead-Free?  If so, How is it going?  How are your costs?  Who absorbed or is absorbing the increased costs?  How do your solder joints look?  How's training the inspectors going?