TECHNET Archives

November 2002

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:25:53 +0200
Steve

I'm not getting into a political argument, but following your links to
the CNN site to see what they really have. I see "Iraq is believed...",
"It is cosidered that Iraq may...", "The site was destroyed by UNSCOM in
1996..." and other such vague phrases.

As far as I'm aware, there is no proof that any WMDs exist has been
presented to the public, only speculation. The Blair document was sheer
waffle without an ounce of proof. If this were presented in a court of
law as evidence, the judge would split his sides laughing.

I sincerely hope that Saddam lets in the inspectors and they find egg on
the face of the pro-war factions, rather than serious weapons, other
than their prehistoric Scuds which are more likely to explode on their
launch pads than on a target.

As for the Iraqi parliamentary decision, I believe that nothing can be
taken at its face value. It is probably simple political manoeuvering a)
to cover their backsides and b) to jockey for position. I think I'm not
alone in this: the stock markets didn't react, for example, and they
have plenty of political analysts.

The best thing you or I can do is to pray for peace.

Brian