TECHNET Archives

November 2002

From:
Ahne Oosterhof <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 14:58:43 -0800
What is an infrared thermocouple?
I thought thermocouples generate a voltage when the junction gets heated.
And it does not matter how you heat that junction, whether using infrared
(radiated) or conduct the heat into the junction or whatever. Of course it
is not easy to determine the temperature of an infrared source, as the
intercepted radiation changes with distance.
What did I miss?

Have fun,
Ahne.