TECHNET Archives

October 2002

From:
Jeff Ferry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 08:35:45 -0400
Dave,

We've been using bench top Electrovert mini wave systems for nearly 20
years. Although we've worn out 6-8 over the years, they're well built and
take a pounding. Occasionally the throat depth is a bit tight. Found the
nozzles a bit pricey, we typically have them custom made. Be sure your
operators know how to work with these machines, I refer to them as
volcanoes.

We also have a Comco microblasting system. Terrific for removing coatings
and solder mask from places where you don't want it. It's amazing the
control an operator has with these units. Exhausting the spent media is a
concern when you have a big job. You also need to be aware of the tremendous
static these thing create.

Jeff Ferry
CEO
Circuit Technology Center, Inc.