TECHNET Archives

October 2002

From:
Gary Camac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 16:36:05 -0500
Bingo! I have been want to discuss this one for awhile.

J-STD-001 states under 3.5 - Electrostatic Discharge, "...the manufacturer shall establish and implement an ESD control
program in accordance with ANSI/ESD-20.20..."

Since this requirement dictates the procedures to be used for controlling electrostatic discharge, why aren't the
controls adequate no matter what the RH?  I will agree there will be more susceptibility to static discharge at lower
humidity.  But, the referenced document in para 3.5 says nothing of environmental limits. So I am left to interpret
this as, below 30% RH, make sure the procedure is being followed.

What think ye.

Gary Camac