TECHNET Archives

October 2002

From:
Charles Caswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:40:56 -0600
I managed and later owned a janitorial service ( and sold the chemicals )long ago. Concrete. Tiles come loose, carpet fibers break off and the carpet can get hard to maintain in a working environment. If you use one of the ESD waxes be sure to seal the floor with the appropriate sealer first. 2 year wearability? Not likeley unless they mean with a regular touch up treatment. Proper upkeep is important, mainly for looks as the bare concrete should provide adequate ground. Also all of the ESD "waxes" I am familiar with are acrylic based and not very chemical resistant. Alkalis and most solvents will attack the finish. In fact the stripper for this type of finish is essentialy sodium hydroxide and an emulsifier.
 Another option is conductive floor paint. This also requires some upkeep. ESD wax will keep it looking good. The color options are limited. The paint was only available in beige, grey and black when I sold the stuff. Reccomend the grey. Black shows scuffs and dirt, beige is just ugly. As for different brands feel free to contact me direct.
Charles Caswell