TECHNET Archives

October 2002

From:
Geoff Layhe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:47:16 -0000
It's a long time since I HASL'd but 2 hours between microetch & flux seems
too long, especially if the atmosphere is as bad as some shops I've seen. It
doesn't take long for a micro etched surface to oxidise. Maybe the micro
etch has an anti-tarnish added to it?
255 °C seems hot for the pot. 240 °C is what I remember, but maybe a higher
temperature means it's easier to blow more off and get flatter pads.

Geoff Layhe