TECHNET Archives

October 2002

Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 08:59:06 -0500
 Per-Erik,
The ROSE/SEC tests were originally developed for process control.
Unfortunately, it worked so well (at the time) that it became the measure
for "clean" for electronic assemblies for weapons specification WS-6536E
and later MIL-STD-2000 as a product acceptance measure.  It later migrated
into J-STD-001, also as a product acceptance measure.  It has remained in
the J-STD-001 specification because no one has, as yet, come up with a
better way to measure that is easily and cheaply accessible to all.  Most
assemblers have a ROSE/SEC tester handy and most figure that even flawed
data is better than no data.

Doug Pauls
Rockwell Collins

Tegehall Per-Erik <[log in to unmask]>@ipc.org> on 10/03/2002
08:08:44 AM

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond
       to Tegehall Per-Erik <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:    TechNet <[log in to unmask]>