TECHNET Archives

October 2002

From:
"Atkinson, Neil" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:34:27 -0000
ISn is used on a lot of backplanes for telecoms use but I have always been
uneasy about it.

I understand that you don't get tin whiskers with immersion Sn because it is
not stressed as much as electroplated Sn.  But when you put a press fit
connector into it surely this stresses it?  Can this result in whiskers.

Neil