TECHNET Archives

October 2002

From:
"Dan R. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:15:43 -0800
Patrick,

I was disappointed that this post didn't get more replies. We had a similar
situation so I was interested in the opinions of the experts. Although we
use the LPKF system I think that our solution might help. We played around
with trying to replenish the plating bath, eventually we completely replaced
it and that solved the problem. It may not be the plating bath in your case.
What we actually learned was that we needed to know more about the chemistry
involved.

I would suggest that you figure out how to evaluate each solution and
maintain it. The system vendor may be less than candid since they are
selling you the consumables so it might take some home work. Try to find out
who actually manufactures the chemicals you use and contact them direct.
They usually don't sell in the small quantities that you would use but they
may be willing to help with analysis and or advice.

Perhaps some of the PCB experts on Tech net could suggest reference material
that could help?

Hoping you experience is less painful than ours,
Dan