TECHNET Archives

October 2002

From:
David Douthit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 23:05:18 -0700
Peter,

Temperature variations is one of the field failure modes that causes problems.
Avionics equipment can experience 100 degree C ambient temperature swings in 15 or 20 minutes.
This will cause contact failures in press fit connectors (particularly nickel finishes!).

You must consider the end use environment before using press fit!
Without understanding of these requirements you are simply "throwing it over the wall"!

David A. Douthit
Manager
LoCan LLC