TECHNET Archives

October 2002

From:
Lee Whiteman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 16:55:07 -0400
Henry,

Based my prior life of building things that went beep in space...

1. We controlled and tracked temperature and humidity in our shops. We first
used chart recorders to track temperature and relative humidity (In an old
facility). When we found that the system required correction, a call to our
facilities organization was made to correct the situation. We generally were
a 2 shift operation, but portions of the shop went 24-7. Later, we went to a
closed loop HVAC System to track and control the environment (In a new
facility).

2. Temperature was controlled between 70F and 85F.

3. Relative Humidity was controlled between 30% and 75%. Depending upon the
area, humidifiers and steam generators within the HVAC were used to increase
the humidity when the air was too dry.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.

Lee Whiteman