TECHNET Archives

October 2002

Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:46:15 +0800
Hi, Brian,

You were so careful to translate "petrol" into "gasoline" for our Americam
brethren, yet totally overlooked your use of a word, which without
translation, conjures up an altogether different picture, viz:

"...incandescent end of a lit fag. " To us Brits, this means the glowing
end of a lit cigarette, but across the puddle, it could be read as the
extremely angry end of a burning homosexual.

No offense, just a thought and my warped sense of humour.

Peter

Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>      21/10/2002 10:25 PM
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum."; Please respond to Brian Ellis