TECHNET Archives

October 2002

From:
Eric Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:19:21 +0100
Any company I work for I encourage the design engineers, CAD people and
stores personnel to come onto the shop to see the equipment running. I
haven't yet reached the dizzy heights of putting a soldering iron into their
hands, but I'm patient.
It's amazing how many say that they always wondered 'what that machine did'
and 'oh, is that what stencil printing is about'.
The stores personnel are included because, amongst other things, we floor
rats would appreciate having a full reel of capacitors not a few short
lengths of tape.
I'm a great believer in the idea that people don't come to work to do a bad
job, but sometimes they lack information.
Regards
Eric Dawson