TECHNET Archives

October 2002

From:
"Crepeau, Phil" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 12:50:24 -0700
hi,

seriously, this is one of the best approaches i can think of.  some companies actually have designers work for different functions within the company before they start designing...like procurement, quality, and manufacturing.

i find that the best designers are those that spend a lot of time on the production floor asking about their designs, seeing how they go together, actively making changes to improve the process.  you can guess who the worst ones are.

phil