TECHNET Archives

September 2002

From:
Steve Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 14:32:07 -0700
Thanks, Kathy...

I'm blowing the whole high temp. idea out the door, based on a number of issues, not the least of which is what
it's likely do to the components (including the board) associated with this mess.

I've never heard of the latex masking before, but it sounds like a very creative way to deal with something in a
"last ditch" manner.  It probably felt great to finally come up with something that solved the problem.  I just hope
I never had the same problem.

It looks like either I'm going to need a selective soldering pallet or I'm going to be glueing bottom side SMT with
topside through-hole hanging on for dear life with clinched leads. We've tried printing paste before adhesive to
reduce skips from shadowing on bad layouts, but the components apparently were squirming around a little due to adhesive contraction during cooling (while the solder was still above liquidus) and it really mucked up the connections.  Not pretty.

I sure like this forum.....

Steve