TECHNET Archives

September 2002

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 15:19:02 -0500
Jack,

I'm starting to understand your personality and sense of humor. Your first
comment about my book is what bothered me but not to any great extent. I
have been working hard on these posts not to offend you but to get
concurrent with you. I have to pursue this seemingly wasteful paths with
some of my clients until we all can sit down and do some objective
engineering work. I hope we're at that stage now and can continue without
anyone being offended including those having to put up with our exchanges.
However, I think of this dialogue as productive in terms of what it takes to
overcome objections to DFM/CE, what else?

Again, Jack, there has been much proven over many years, especially in the
last twenty or so, pointing to evidence that certain glass styles with
corresponding % resin contents greatly improve MLB dimensional stability,
innerlaminar bond strength, and electrical performance. Also, in light of
what Sir Werner has presented based on round robin IPC studies, a possibly
fresh focus must be placed on some failure mechanisms, etc. relative to
materials and MLB constructions. Still, the table I speak of presents some
important considerations and, even, requirements, to make MLB's all they can
be.

If you review my Table II, you will start to see what I'm, and much of
industry is, talking about. If you do not have a clear copy of Table II,
I'll gladly send it to you as I have so many other people in the recent past
since posting its reference. We can start discussions from there if you wish
and have the time.

Would you like to proceed with no more wasted time than that which has taken
you and me away from our real jobs for which we have so little time?

Earl