TECHNET Archives

September 2002

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 12:21:24 -0500
Folks as supporters and those not, I just want to set this whole book thing
straight.

As Jack has so indicated, I may be talking about my book too much. I'll let
the rest of you decide. MY BOOK I consider to be reference matarial just as
any IPC, J-STD, or whatever we all constantly discuss, point to, use, and
recommend. I simply recommend my book as that kind of reference material.

The book is so simple as to reference those documents, hopefully, in a way
to help simple people, like me, get through it all. For someone who has no
need for this, they don't need my book but for someone even implying they
don't understand the simplest of things about which I speak is unforgivable
especially making such statements. My stuff is PCB 101 and without it you
shouldn't be in this great business.

I'm not trying to sell my book for that sake alone, again and again and
again. You all praised my free stuff and my unselfesh giving nature. Now, I
have Jack on my ass about my book even though he self proclaims ingorance
about my postings and book while also saying he does not understand even the
most simple PCB things I present. Plus, he has never even seen my free check
lists provided over the last four years or so and are the foundation for MY
BOOK.

I'm not angry or emotionally disturbed about this as, again, I just want to
set the record straight. I have offered him, as you all, any help you or he
needs to fulfill his/our demanding responsibilities. At great, to me,
expense in time and money, I do this because it's what I do and I do love it so.

I just don't ever want to be blamed for someone's inability, or ignorance,
to understand what that person ABSOLUTELY NEEDS, whether from this forum,
education, or knowledge about the most simple requirements to design,
fabricate, and assemble PCB's.

MoonMan and if you need it, as I said before, the damn book is free, or not.