TECHNET Archives

September 2002

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 02:29:53 -0600
You have several options. You can buy single ply thin core material
constructed using 1080 glass style providing almost exactly the thickness
you require (about 2.5 mils) but you may need to order it with the ED copper
tooth side facing out so no shorting will occur or you may be able to get
the material, if available at all , using rolled copper that has been
annealed much the way most flexiible circuit and patented capacitance
material is produced. If you decide to go thinner, 106 glass style material
is your best choice and, it so happens, is supplied by one of the low
dielectric constant material suppliers but beware patent infringements.

As for the Dk, you have choices as well. I will provide you a material
matrix, off forum of course, so you can pick and choose. However, some of
these materials are not easy to process in any board shop let alone one not
well process managed for it. These materials come in under 3.0 for your
dielectric requirements.

MoonMan