TECHNET Archives

September 2002

From:
Steve Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 13:10:03 -0700
When I left the Class 3 world I left it behind.

Seriously, I have no idea.  I just remember that matrix with the nominal
torque values and tolerance for all the applications we used.  At the time
I assumed it was an industry standard (I wasn't involved in the details of
the specifications at the time, just verifying compliance) but as I look
back it may have been an in-house doc, a fastener manufacturer's recommendations,
or, as brought up in another reply, a machinist's handbook.  I'm thinking
it was a combination of the first and second, though.

I have no direct responsibility for fasterner issues here, and the responses
to the few queries I made today suggest I should only go deeper when I am in
need of a new project.