TECHNET Archives

September 2002

Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 08:22:57 +0800
Hi, Tom,

1.About the ONLY way to remove parylene is by micro-bead-blasting. It is a
delicate and time consuming job, depending on the nature of the assembly,
but I know of no solvents for this job.

2. You can touch up parylene with an acrylic coating, but you're then
leaving a "hole in the ozone layer", so to speak. If you need parylene
coating, it's because more normal acrylics are insufficient. There is a
material for touching up parylene, but I'm darned if I can remember what
it's called off-hand. If it comes to me, I'll let you know.

Peter

"Long, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>      27/09/2002 11:32 PM
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum."; Please respond to "Long, Thomas"