TECHNET Archives

September 2002

Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 08:14:32 -0400
Charles,
zinc is well known to have problem on corrosion and oxidation (on top of the
cat-whiskers David mentioned).  I thought with all the reliability concern,
the shops like yours would stay far away from it due to the potential safety
issue.  Unless you have unique application in mind (such as every thing in a
hermetic package under inert gas environment, for example).
http://www.reliability.com/articles/guest_article03.htm
my 2 cents.
                                                            jk

http://listserv.ipc.org/archives