TECHNET Archives

September 2002

From:
"Barmuta, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:26:41 -0700
Dan:
 I have used the following stripping solution; water 16 parts, fluoboric
acid 2 parts, conc hydrogen peroxide(30%) 1 part. Immerse parts at room temp
with light agitation. Pay careful attention as the tin is stripped, do not
allow the reaction to proceed too far and attack the base metal. If they
have been sitting around too long after plate it may be difficult to strip
all the tin.

I would suggest that you use a copper barrier plate between the brass and
tin in the future.    Good Luck!

Regards

Michael Barmuta

Staff Engineer