TECHNET Archives

September 2002

From:
Roger Bilham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 08:12:18 +0100
Phil,

A number of patents have addressed this problem in recent years and not
all use the words fatigue resistant in the title. Some techniques will
refine the grain size, which, as already mentioned, usually have only a
temporary effect. However, other elements can be added which slow down
the inevitable grain growth during the joint life. Grain growth is
increased by longer time, higher temperature and by mechanical
stressing.

I hope that this helps a little .

Roger Bilham

In article <[log in to unmask]>,