TECHNET Archives

September 2002

Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 07:57:33 +0800
No direct experience of such close spacing between trace and via, but the
idea of small copper to copper distances causing voids in a glass material
sounds like eyewash to me - especially as you won't be soldering to either
that portion of the trace or to the via (unless you are attaching a wire
link mod to that point.

My immediate reaction, though,  and depending on what the via and/or the
trace is carrying in terms of power, is the capacitance effect of the via
on whatever is going along the trace.

Electro-migration, I cannot comment on, but there may be a point there.
Consult the PCB gurus.

Peter

Rob Eason <[log in to unmask]>  19/09/2002 01:20 AM
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum."; Please respond to Rob Eason