TECHNET Archives

September 2002

Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 08:30:10 -0400
Come on Moonman, cool it.  Normally, the CPU cooling consider two parts: (a)
CPU fan and or thermal pipe and (b) box level cooling system.  If the box
level cooling was done very poorly, the heat extracted by the CPU fan can
not get out effectively.  On the other hand, if the air inlet provide by the
box thermal design is poor, that means you do not get the cool air flow or
sufficient cool air flow at the location, you may ran into problem.  Can't
just blame the MB and CPU fan (let's not get into the laminar flow vs..
turbulent flow etc.etc. The box design got a lot to do with it...(that is
why I do not like clones...the thermal budget handling are normally
poor...However, with latest trend of all the boxes designed by one OEM
design house, I guess you might getting easier to swap the MB between few of
those ;-)

jk