TECHNET Archives

September 2002

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 07:26:18 -0600
Bob,

Good input from you and others. You hit the nail on the head with the DFM
comment that sure caught my eye. You're abloslutely right about not letting
anyone do anything arbitrarily do something to YOUR designs and product. You
must specify what you want and there can be no misunderstanding about what
that is. The master draawing is the primary instrument ensuring this.

Ths fab shop has its needs as does the assembly capability. The customer
must ensure concurrence between all three is forthcoming. Otherwise, you
don't get what you specify and that if very bad. How and what you use to
create a clearly defined drawing is up to you, but the effort must effect an
instrument that allows no ambiguity or misunderstandings.

Enjoy,

MoonMan