TECHNET Archives

September 2002

From:
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 17:04:56 -0400
So, you were just using tacky flux to mount the BGA, and you got a
bridge on the outside corner. With X-ray, are the "good" connections
uniformly larger at the corners than in the center of the package? It
really does not matter how warped the board or package is after it has
cooled what really matters is what is going on as you enter and exit
reflow.

BGA 169 or 225? These should not present a problem. Though it is
possible to warp the package, the board or both.
How many layers is the board? What is the board material? What nozzle
are you using? What are the heater settings?