TECHNET Archives

September 2002

Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 10:19:29 +0800
Dear Moonman,

Belatedly suggest that you should have removed your spacesuit gloves before
trying to fit P4 and heatsink to motherboard. Then you wouldn't be looking
for a new heatsink because you mucked up Intel's "patent" cooling system!

I've not idea what the material is that they put under the heatsink, but
notice that Laptops/Notebooks etc that use P4's must have an alternative
cooling method, as there is no room for that Rocky Mountain imitation of a
heatsink. Must be a clue there somewhere - either that or the processors
burn out in a couple of weeks.

BTW, I know this little shop that tried to sell me the heatsink and P4
separately when I went to upgrade my prematurely aged PII earlier this
year. I tore them up for a--- wipe about being a bunch of cheapskate
rip-off artists, but if you like, I'll see how genuine they are about
selling the heatsinks separately. It'll cost you about $20 if you don't
find another solution to cool your processor and also fit the clamps
properly. I suspect that a good thermal pad from Thermagon or similar will
replace the Intel stuff, but it would probably cost you the same as a new
processor to buy a sheet of the stuff.

Peter

Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]> 08/09/2002 08:28 AM
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum."; Please respond to Earl Moon