DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2002

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
DesignerCouncil <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Jack C. Olson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:12:46 -0500
No, I didn't mean that at all.
From everything I have read Silver is preferable to Tin.

What I meant was, we sent some bare boards to an
assembly vendor and they assumed it was Tin when
it was really Silver, and for some reason they had severe
soldering problems. As soon as I told them they were
Silver they were building them with great results.

Shame on me for not asking more questions to learn
what they did differently, but I assumed they changed
the solder paste. (but I'm not sure about that).

I'm a layout guy and I don't know much about paste,
so I can't answer your question, sorry.

seeya,
Jack

Kitty Hines <[log in to unmask]>@IPC.ORG>
27Sep2002 12:23 PM

Please respond to "(Designers Council Forum)" <[log in to unmask]>;
      Please respond to Kitty Hines <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:  DesignerCouncil <[log in to unmask]>