TECHNET Archives

August 2002

From:
Eric Christison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:01:04 +0100
I don't know what testing you were expecting for these parts but it's quite
common for a wire bond to function well before reflow but break sometime
during the cycle. Unless you carried out 100% thermal cycling before test the
manufacturer could well ship parts which would fail.

--
Eric Christison
Mechanical Engineer

tel:    +44 (0)131 336 6165