TECHNET Archives

August 2002

From:
"Marsico, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 07:22:09 -0400
Don't have an answer to your question, but we're struggling with similar
issues regarding claims to meet the requirements of J-STD-001.  (We're
looking at switching from MIL-2000 to IPC.)  My guess is that many companies
(none associated with Technet, of course) who state that they meet these
requirements just ignore these paragraphs.  I'll bet that very few companies
would pass an extensive audit (paragraph by paragraph) to the J-standard.

Jim Marsico
Senior Engineer
Production Engineering
EDO Electronics Systems Group