TECHNET Archives

August 2002

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 14:44:25 -0500
Victor,

I'm not posting this to embarass you but to point out how much your are
doing and why:

Victor,

I mean this in a very complimentary way. How do you do so much? I mean are
you the only one left like you at Dell doing this stuff all the way from
chip level stuff design through customer acceptance. I really admire all you
do and all the questions you ask.

For this particular question, I yield to more knowledgeable die attach and
wire bonding technology experts though I have done a bunch of it, I'm just
not current. Also, I don't completely understand the questio relative to how
far up the thickness of the die can the bonding material cover.

ISHM, or whatever it is now called - just can't remember at the moment,
should have many answers to your questions as would some semiconductor
forume.

Regards,

Earl MoonMan

Victor,

I hope you receive more responses too. Thanks for the insight. Since your
first postings I couldn't figure out what you were doing, especiall with
Dell. Now I get it.

Having spent another life with IBM, I can only imaging how you can help Dell
even if a bit after the fact. F/A is fun especially when findings get routed
back to designs. Hell, I might even buy a big black box now knowing what
your doing.

Sorry I could not have been any real help. I have lots of die attach and
wire bond experience but haven't used it in some time. I know you will find
your answers.

Enjoy,

Earl

   I am here not by choice but after Big Blue/Multek_Austin went belly up.
This is the closes to an FA Lab that I will get a chance to used my skills
after many years of practice.   In the previous years I did the cross
section
and gave the findings to an engineer who wrote the report.   Now I have to
do
all the wrap up.   That I why I don't recall the reference requirements.   I
known it exists some where's.   We all have to make a living till we quite
paying taxes and add iron to the earth.

victor,

Victor,

You're one hard woking guy. The experience you are gaining now will take you
far probably without adding ferrous metals to the eart's much too shallow
crust. I think you have some time to go for that.

Keep up the great work and let us know some of it turns out. Hell, write a
book - when you find time.

Earl

I have followed this gentleman's post for some time. I am impressed at the
knowledge this many is trying to attain and, for all the right reasons, use it.

I'm impressed and tired just trying to keep up

MoonMan