TECHNET Archives

August 2002

From:
"Braime, Justin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:14:36 +0100
Steve,
At one of my former employers, I have emptied a medium sized solder pot in
the past using a very large soup ladel and a significant number of large 1m
square cardboard egg cartons courtesy of my local MacDonalds burger bar!! I
kid you not, it works extremely well, the solder solidifies quicker than you
would believe, without any burning or charring, and you get perfect half-egg
sized ingots when cooled :) Obviously, you need to take the obvious
precautions with welders gown, gaiters, gauntlets, visor, etc, which gets
damn hot after half an hour of emptying solder...

cheers

Justin Braime
Senior Production Engineer

Racal Instruments Ltd